Wellbee's product enables users in accessing their own medical history records, consolidated from various sources. The users share that data with their doctor, loved ones, or with an insurance's company underwriting department for specified time as part of an insurance life or health contract agreement.
- I researched extensively the underwriting process insurance companies already have and how this product could fit as part of that process. I conducted user interviews and research on how the users use their medical data, what are their pain points. I facilitated workshops with developers on the best ways to retrieve and show the data.
- I conducted workshops with stakeholders and completed user interviews to understand the security and points., for example privacy issues. Ultimately I transformed various business requirements -like sharing a medical record to third parties- to meaningful flow for novice user.
- I designed the user flows and transformed them as wireframes.I verified with cross functional teams that the wireframes I designed can be delivered with reasonable effort and aligned all the teams over them.
- Ultimately I designed a functional design system so that the product can be scaled up in the future. I designed the product screens using atomic design principles. On top of that I designed a landing page of the product based on the Branding project I had agreed upon.
The totality of my design decisions are based on data and facts collected from research and hands on experience. For example the security and ownership of that data is crucial for the users if a well known fact. But a lesser known fact that research exhibit is that the users are willing to share those data for a better - a more fitting- treatment or better terms in the underwriting outcome of a life or hospital insurance.
After contacting and interviewing various insurance underwriters I also grasped their main points and these results drove my design. As an example Underwriters have a lot of risk assessment issues to balance, the insurance company KPIs are only one of them. The most important is to take the proper decision in the right amount of time.
Another concern was that the clients sometimes try to mess with their data so the sharing process should ensure the fidelity of the data. The designs had to be communicated with a cross functional team of developers, not only to ensure that the data would remain intact but also to give that bona fide security to the user.
Again based on research results that showed that insurance companies wanted a more traditional design scheme so along with team we designed using colors that inspire tranquility, health and stability.
Branding and UI design elements were designed. The color pallete was selected in order to respect the brand values and mission. Part of the branding project (which is out of scope for this case study) included the logo design and strategic branding.
For the application purposes custom iconography was also designed. Icons for examinations, sicknesses and other. Also a complete system iconography was included. Part of that iconography is shown below.
The design deliverable is currently being developed for the final product.
- Workshops and stakeholder alignment
- User research and persona creation
- Business Analysis of the product
- Brand Strategy Workshops
- Brand Visual Language
- Alignment of cross functional teams
- Extensive wireframe prototyping and user flows
- UI Design Guide